Who is eligible for GBP insurance benefits?
ERS administers insurance benefits for employees and eligible family members of:
Texas state agencies,
Higher education institutions (except UT and TAMU systems),
- Community Supervision and Corrections Department,
- Texas County and District Retirement System (TCDRS),
- Texas Municipal Retirement System and
- Windham School District
Eligible Family Members:
Your spouse and children must
meet the eligibility requirements to be added to coverage for:
- health insurance,
- dental plans,
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and
- Dependent Term Life Insurance.
IMPORTANT: After you add a dependent, Aon Hewitt, a third-party administrator that performs dependent eligibility verifications on behalf of ERS, will mail you a packet requesting documentation of your dependent’s eligibility. You must send documentation in the specified timeframe. Failure to respond will result in your dependent getting dropped from your health coverage.
You cannot cover:
- children who have reached or passed their 26th birthday, unless they are disabled,
- grandchildren who are not claimed on your federal income tax return, or
Updated February 2016