I'm new to TexFlex - how do I enroll?
After you've estimated your expenses, it’s easy to enroll in the TexFlex program:
- Sign in to your account and begin enrollment under "Benefits Enrollment."
- Enroll in a 9-month or 12-month contribution depending on how many months in the year you’re paid.
- You can enroll within 31 days of starting employment or a qualifying life event, such as getting married or the birth of a child.
Note: If you have trouble using your account, contact your benefits coordinator or ERS.
I'm already using TexFlex - how do I make changes?
Once enrolled, you cannot make changes to your health or day care contributions unless you have a qualifying life event (within 31 days of the event). You can only increase your coverage or cancel due to special circumstances (for example the death of a dependent).
Sign in to your account and begin under "Family Status Change."
If your child turns 13 during the plan year, you can change your contributions to your TexFlex day care account without waiting until the next Annual Enrollment period.
Don't forget these considerations during Annual Enrollment!
- You should estimate your expenses for the next year and make changes if necessary. You’re automatically re-enrolled for the same annual contribution for your health care account and/or day care account unless you change the contribution amount during Annual Enrollment.
- You should change or drop your day care account contributions during Annual Enrollment if your dependents is age 13 or will turn 13 between September 1 through August 31. After a child turns 13, he or she will no longer be eligible for the TexFlex program.
Note: Whether you are about to enroll or already using TexFlex, make sure to estimate carefully; TexFlex is a use-it or lose-it program.