Reminders for HealthSelect members
As we come to a new calendar year, HealthSelectSM of Texas members should remember:
- HealthSelect out-of-pocket maximums start over on January 1, 2013.
- HealthSelect Out-of-Area and Non-Network deductibles start over on January 1, 2013.
- HealthSelect does not have a deductible for Network benefits, except for bariatric surgery.
- To take advantage of the highest level of benefits in the in-area plan, you should designate a primary care physician (PCP) and get referrals to specialists. You can find more information on HealthSelect referrals on the ERS website.
- Remember to double-check with your PCP to make sure your referrals are up-to-date. If UnitedHealthcare does not show your referral on file, your PCP will need to submit a new referral to UnitedHealthcare for you.
- Use the provider search tool to find network primary care physicians, specialists, lab providers, and hospitals. Ask your doctor to use network providers when providing additional services to you.
- Quest Diagnostics (a lab provider) is not a HealthSelect network provider as of September 1, 2012. If you use a non-network provider, you will pay more, including a deductible, higher coinsurance, and all of the charges not covered by insurance.
- Children and adults enrolled in HealthSelect can receive an annual routine eye exam performed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist for a specialist copay and without a referral. Children can also receive a vision screening as part of their annual physicals paid 100% by the health plan. It’s important to know that a vision screening is different than an exam performed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Preventive care and some women’s services are covered 100% when they are coded as preventive care by your doctor.
- UnitedHealthcare registered nurses may call to urge you to enroll in a wellness program. UnitedHealthcare offers many wellness programs, including those to help manage diabetes, heart health, asthma, and more. If you want to enroll in a wellness program, call UnitedHealthcare toll-free at (866) 336-9371.
- You can create an online account at www.healthselectoftexas.com and view your explanation of benefits and prior claims information.
- If you have questions about your HealthSelect benefits, call HealthSelect Customer Care at UnitedHealthcare toll-free at (866) 336-9371.
- The toll-free nurseline, (877) 731-8306, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please don’t forget to take advantage of your health and wellness discounts in the new year.