These instructions apply to beneficiaries for your ERS insurance and retirement benefits. View information on designating Texa$aver plan beneficiaries.
It’s important to select the individuals who will receive your retirement account and life insurance benefits in the event of your death. This person is called your beneficiary. You can have more than one beneficiary. Before going online to select your beneficiary, make sure you have your beneficiary’s Social Security number (SSN), date of birth, and mailing address.
View your beneficiary designations
Add a new beneficiary
- Click “Change Information or Add New Beneficiary” button,
- Click "Add a New Beneficiary,"
- Enter beneficiary's personal data (Social Security number is required) ,
- Click "Save," and
- Click "Return to Summary of Beneficiaries"
Change a beneficiary
- Review your beneficiary designations,
- Click the blue link under the Plan Description for the benefit you would like to assign,
- Click “Request Designation Change,”
- Select your beneficiary(ies),
- Click “Save Beneficiary Elections,”
- Click "Submit Changes,"
- Receive the beneficiary designation form by email, or mail if you do not have an email address updated on your ERS account.
Complete and return the beneficiary designation form
- Review the form,
- Print and sign your name,
- Have an unrelated witness (not you or the beneficiary) sign his or her name, and
- Return the form to ERS
Your designation is not valid until you receive a confirmation from ERS.
You can change your beneficiaries anytime of the year. You do not have to wait for Annual Enrollment.